The Certification Review Committees consists of Corporate and WBE volunteers trained in WBENC’s Standards & Procedures. The committee is essential in verifying that qualifications of a certified WBE are maintained.
Benefits of being on the Certification Review Committee:
- Maintain WBENC’s Standards & Procedures
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the Certification process
- Connect and network with other committee members
- Learn about women business owners in diverse industries
- Bond with fellow committee members and WPEO staff
Important facts you should know about the WPEO-NY Certification Review Committee:
- A prospective committee member must complete a two-part training session conducted via conference call and online webinar with WBENC.
- After successful completion of the training Committee Members can attend meetings to review applications or conduct site visits at the applicant’s headquarters.
- Members must recuse themselves if they have knowledge of a given applicant, whether as a supplier, customer, or competitor.
- Committee member names are not disclosed to the public.
- There are three Certification Review Committees:
- Twice a month in New York City and once a month in Newark, NJ
- Each Certification Review Committee meeting lasts three hours and meets in the morning.
- Committee members are asked to attend one meeting per month
Contact your regional WPEO office if you are interested in becoming a member of the Certification Review Committee: