CONGRATUALTIONS to last week’s $25 VISA gift card winner Elise Eflman! Take this NEW QUICK POLL and you could be the next winner of a $25 VISA GIFT CARD!
ATTENTION!!!! On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a number of forthcoming measures intended to increase the number of Americans vaccinated against COVID-19. Here’s what employers need to know about the “Path Out of the Pandemic” plan (CLICK HERE).
- WeIGNITE, powered by EOS®, the Entrepreneurial Operating System® Apply by September 22 for this highly interactive, virtual WBENC executive education program, brought to you by Wells Fargo. EOS® is a set of simple, practical, real-world tools that help entrepreneurs and leadership teams improve the operational value of their businesses. During this program, Certified EOS Implementers® help WBEs achieve TRACTION in their businesses through self-implementing the Entrepreneurial Operating System described in the book Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman. Learn More
- Chase for Business Curated Coaching for Entrepreneurs Customer Insights Coaching Sessions have been added through September 30
Meet with expert entrepreneurial consultants on your schedule, with educational resources curated for your business. You’ll walk away with actionable insights, a personalized game plan, and the strategic tools you need to grow your business on your terms. The topic for Quarter 3 is Customer Insights. From July to September, sign up for a free, 45 minute, 1-on-1 session to learn growth-oriented strategies and create an action plan with your coach. Learn More
- EY Entrepreneurs Access Network Apply by September 17 Are you a Black- or Latino-owned company ready to surpass your business ambitions?
If so, we encourage you to apply or share an outstanding founder/CEO for the 2022 Entrepreneurs Access Network (EAN) program. Learn More
- Women Owned in Retail Accelerator brought to you by Lowe’s Companies, Inc. Join us every Wednesday in September at 2pm EST for an interactive virtual webinar tailored to help small businesses get ready for big retail. This program is open to ALL women-owned businesses with consumer products. You do not need to be certified by WBENC to attend Women Owned in Retail events or have attended the previous sessions in this series. There’s still a lot to learn! Register Now
- Collegiate Women of Color Grant, Powered by Cummins Inc. Do you know a collegiate female founder of color needing a jumpstart for your business? Send them to the WBENC 2021 Collegiate Women of Color Grant Powered by Cummins Inc. to compete for the chance to be awarded a financial business grant. Learn More
- Created as a key pillar of KKR’s COVID-19 Relief Effort, KKR Small Business Builders (SBB) aims to support entrepreneurs and their small businesses around the world. The grants are designed to help business owners sustain their enterprises, maintain or create jobs, and spur economic opportunity as they respond to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and recover from its resultant economic dislocation. Learn More.
Small Business Administration
- Paycheck Protection Program borrowers: If your loan is $150,000 or less, you may be eligible to apply for direct forgiveness through SBA using our online portal.
- Did you know that there are over 4 million Hispanic-owned businesses in the U.S., making them the fastest-growing segment of U.S. small businesses? Earlier this week, SBA Administrator Guzman, the fourth Latina Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the highest-ranking Latina serving in President Biden’s Cabinet, released a statement to commemorate Hispanic Heritage Month. The SBA will also host an online panel discussion for Hispanic Heritage Month on October 14, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. ET. Additional details including the registration link will be available soon.
- National Small Business Week Virtual Summit- Watch the Video Recordings In case you missed it! Last week, the SBA and others celebrated National Small Business Week 2021. The event included a Virtual Summit which featured webinars and panel discussions on bouncing back from the pandemic, trends transforming the workforce, tips for selling online, how to integrate brick-and-mortar and eCommerce and email marketing best practices for small businesses. The event also featured guest speakers like Jennifer Lopez, Mark Cuban, José Andrés and others. Watch the recorded events
October 13, 2021 | 8:00am – 5:00pm Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Regional Supplier Diversity Summit: Partnering with our Local Communities. This livestreaming interactive format will allow diverse suppliers to engage and network with executive leaders, procurement specialists, and business line leaders from all three Federal Reserve Banks. Featuring insights from Regional Executives and Local Economists, Sonya Waddell, Ryo Tashiro, and Emily Mitchell. This event is intended for suppliers based in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Regions. Up to two member of each organization are welcome to register for this event. REGISTER HERE
Second Annual Business Bootcamp Series Join SBA-Washington Metropolitan Area District Office staff, including Lender Relations Specialist Rod Johnson and Economic Development Specialist David Hincapie, as they take part in this six-session virtual workshop series to help small business owners take their operations to the next level. Beginning on September 30, these semiweekly interactive workshops will offer participants focused training on how to grow their revenue and profitability.
Business Education & Resiliency Bootcamp Series, a sequence of six webinar sessions hosted by the Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GWHCC) and led by a team of Subject Matter Experts in their respective fields.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
September 30 – October 19, 2021
5pm – 7pm
Session 1: Thursday, September 30, 5pm to 7pm Business, Licensing, Research and Persona Canvas
Session 2: Tuesday, October 5, 5pm to 7pm (ET) / How to Run a Profitable, Company + Projections and Cash Flow
Session 3: Thursday, October 7, 5pm to 7pm (ET) / PPP Loan Forgiveness and Credit
Session 4: Tuesday, October 12, 5pm to 7pm (ET) / Increasing Revenue, Government Contracts and Teaming Agreements
Session 5: Thursday, October 14, 5pm to 7pm (ET) / Biz Interruption and Social Media
Session 6: Tuesday, October 19, 5pm to 7pm (ET) / Long Term Business Planning + Patents and Trademarks
Online, Zoom-based webinars. Login instructions provided to all registrants.
Click HERE below for additional information and to register. While there is no fee to attend this series, advanced registration is required.
Please note: This series will feature Live Sign Language Interpreting Service and Spanish translation.
If you have any questions, please call GWHCC at 202-728-0352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday September 30 | 1:00pm – 1:30pm EST Restrictive Covenant Agreements hosted by Nukk-Freeman & Cerra, P.C. In this webinar we will turn our attention to the considerations necessary when drafting enforceable restrictive covenant/confidentiality agreements, tips for rolling out a new agreement, and the associated Q&A.
- Wednesday September 22 | 11:00am ET/8:00a PT Are you joining the 20K+ leaders going to the 2021 Resources for Humans: Lead with Empathy Virtual Conference? The Predictive Index is partnering with Lattice to deliver this opportunity to learn from industry leaders. Three reasons you should attend:
- Learn from keynote speakers like Adam Grant, Serena Williams, and Shantell Martin.
- Earn SHRM & HRCI credits by attending tracks with topics ranging from retention and engagement to employee development.
- It’s free and virtual. Pick and choose the sessions you want to attend from the comfort of your home.
- [Bonus Reason] Enjoy a puppy cam@